Thursday, March 18, 2010

They grow up too quickly!




How could you not totally fall in love with this sweet face?!?! I spent last Saturday up in Canton playing with my nephew, loving on my niece, and spending some good QT with my family. Matt was off Golfing with my brothers and dad, my Sister-in-love was with the baby at the doctor (which explains my general fogginess this week and the sore throat I woke up with this morning), and I was left to play with this little guy…
As I’m sitting in a spaceship made out of two kitchen chairs, I start to realize it’s been all too long since I let my imagination run wild! We spent the afternoon “Cleaning the Pipes,” (there was apparently a lot of do-do in the pipes) and going on space ship rides to far off places, we moved to the back yard where we starting hiding in trees, playing t-ball, and watching Dillon (my tiny 6 lbs dog) play with the GIANT boxer that lives next door…through the fence, of course (I only wish I had gotten a picture of this!). Dillon and Neil are a lot alike, neither one of them is aware they are only 3 years old, and both of them also think they can take on the world; including giant dogs a million times their size. I sat there and watched both of them run the fence taunting this dog just thinking thank goodness the boxer is enjoying himself!
He’s growing up so fast! It feels like just yesterday I was in the same back yard watching him play with Dillon for the first time:

Sometimes I forget he’s only 3 (it doesn’t help that he looks like he’s 5). I don’t think it will ever change though, when he says “Laura, come play with me” my heart melts into a million pieces and I can’t help but drop whatever I’m doing to go do just that! I love that little man!

No comments: