Friday, May 21, 2010

My Friends Call Me the Calorie Police….

Hello, my name is SusieQ and I have a slight addiction

I have a love/hate relationship with food, I love it, it loves to stay on my butt, and I then hate it. So, I have become accustomed to looking up the calories, deciding if something is really worth eating, and then digging in, or steering clear. I love a good custom coffee drink or milkshake as much (if not more) as the next person, but really, do we need to drink the small Frappuccino that has 400 calories in it? No really, they exist. So usually I think I’m good about keeping my opinions to myself, but recently I have found myself wanting to scream at some people, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE EATING?!?! You are coming to me complaining about not losing any weight, but then you’re having a flipping tuna wrap from Jason’s Deli…sounds good right, NOT 500 calories later you haven’t had chips or a drink! Or don’t even get me started on “it doesn’t have any fat in it” did you look at the Sugars?! I want to write a book, “All the food I ate THINKING I was going to lose weight.”

I wonder sometimes, am I just a little nutz about all of this, or does the world really need to know!

I’ve been contemplating this book for some time though, so it might just happen and never get published…I don’t have a degree in nutrition, I’m not an expert by any means, I just happened to grow up in a world where Mac N Cheese everyday was OK and oven fried chicken was a staple. I had to learn for myself what was bad for you, and once I started, oh how I learned!

No comments: